Catch the Trading Post weekdays 10:30-11 on 92.1FM
Join Gus on Saturdays 10-2 on WKUL
Join Sam Alex with Taste of Country Nights on WKUL 6-12
Join Big D and Bubba 5-9 in the morning on 92.1 FM
What's New
Subscribe To This Feed

Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images(CHARLOTTE, N.C.) — The second phase of the Sprint Cup Series' Chase, known as the "Contender Round," kicks off this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The track will host the Bank of America 500 Saturday night. NBC's coverage of the race will begin at 7 p.m. Eastern time.

The "Contender Round" will feature 12 of the 16 drivers who qualified for the Chase. Jimmie Johnson, Jamie McMurray, Paul Menard and Clint Bowyer were eliminated following last week's race at Dover.

Here's a look at the Chase standings entering the "Contender Round":

1. Matt Kenseth -- 3,000 points.
2. Joey Logano -- 3,000 points.
3. Denny Hamlin -- 3,000 points.
4. Carl Edwards -- 3,000 points.
5. Martin Truex Jr. -- 3,000 points.
6. Kurt Busch -- 3,000 points.
7. Jeff Gordon -- 3,000 points.
8. Brad Keselowski -- 3,000 points.
9. Kyle Busch -- 3,000 points.
10. Ryan Newman -- 3,000 points.
11. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -- 3,000 points.
12. Kevin Harvick -- 3,000 points.
13. Jamie McMurray -- 2,098 points.
14. Jimmie Johnson -- 2,086 points.
15. Paul Menard -- 2,075 points.
16. Clint Bowyer -- 2,048 points.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Here’s the latest scores and winners:


Texas 5, Toronto 3
Houston 5, Kansas City 2


Indianapolis 27, Houston 20


Ottawa 3, Buffalo 1
Winnipeg 6, Boston 2
OT Tampa Bay 3, Philadelphia 2
Nashville 2, Carolina 1
St. Louis 3, Edmonton 1
Dallas 3, Pittsburgh 0
Minnesota 5, Colorado 4


Washington 17, (17) Southern California 12

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

JOHN GURZINSKI/AFP/Getty Images)(DOHA, Qatar) -- Manny Pacquiao says he wants one more fight before he puts away his boxing gloves.

Pacquiao confirmed the news to ESPN while he was visiting Doha, Qatar for the AIBA World Championships.

He told ESPN he's retiring not because he's not passionate about boxing anymore, but he says he wants to help people from a different platform and has plans to run for senator.

He also said he would love to have a rematch with Floyd Mayweather, who beat him in a highly anticipated fight in May, but a more "feasible" option would be Amir Khan.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Harry How/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Vin Scully won't be calling an Dodgers postseason games.

Legendary Los Angeles Dodgers sportscaster Vin Scully will miss the Dodgers' postseason games because of a "medical procedure."

In a series of tweets, the team said Scully had underwent a medical procedure on Thursday morning and was now "resting comfortably."

"On the advice of his doctors, Scully will miss the Dodgers’ postseason games to rest up but is looking forward to returning in 2016," said one tweet.

"Everyone in the Dodgers organization wishes Vin the speediest of recoveries," the team tweeted.

Scully recently said he would return in 2016, but he also said it will likely be his last. Next year will be Scully's 67th consecutive year broadcasting Dodgers' games.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) -- The biggest names in fantasy football are getting sued.

On Thursday, a class action lawsuit was filed against DraftKings and FanDuel for negligence, fraud, and false advertising.

According to ESPN, the suit filed in federal court in Manhattan by Adam Johnson of Kentucky says recent policies between the two companies allowed employees to enter on other sites to play for prizes.

ESPN reports the suit says, "DraftKings performs analytics to determine winning strategies, return on investment of certain strategies and even how lineups on FanDuel would do if they were entered into DraftKings contests."

With that information, employees of DratfKings could then play on a competitor's site.

Both DraftKings and FanDuel said this week they will no longer allow employees to participate on competitors' sites.

The lawsuit comes recently after a DraftKings employee posted his player roster percentages and his subsequent $350,000 take in a FanDuel contest, reports ESPN.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Grant Halverson/Getty Images(DALLAS) -- Greg Hardy has a few things to stay about Tom Brady and his wife.

Fresh off the commissioner's exempt list for most of 2014 and part of this season stemming from domestic violence allegations, Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy has apparently put his foot in his mouth with some Ill-advised comments.

Hardy was sidelined after his ex-girlfriend accused him of domestic violence and allegedly throwing her on a couch covered with guns. 

Preparing to face the New England Patriots this weekend, he said he views Tom Brady "the same way I did last time I saw him, hopefully on the ground."

And about Brady'a wife, super-model Giselle Bundchen: "You seen his wife?  I hope she comes to the game.  I hope her sister comes to the game."

His most scrutinized comments came when asked about possibly returning to pro-bowl form on the field: "I hope to come out guns blazing."

When told about his phrasing surrounding guns, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told SI.com "oh my goodness" but later noted to ESPN that guns aren't allowed on the field, adding "we all know that's just a way of expressing yourself.  I hope his guns are ablazin." 

As for Brady, he took the high road, reportedly saying Hardy is a great talent, that he's focused on playing and "I really don't care about his personal feelings."

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Philipp Schmidli/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- FIFA President Sepp Blatter has been suspended for three months, FIFA announced on Thursday.

During the 90-day ban, Blatter cannot "represent FIFA in any capacity, act on the organisation’s behalf, or communicate to media or other stakeholders as a FIFA representative," FIFA said in a statement.

The suspension stems from criminal proceedings that were opened against Blatter last month amid accusations that he signed an "unfavorable" deal for FIFA and made a "disloyal payment" to Michel Platini, president of Europe's governing body for the sport. Platini and FIFA Secretary General Jérôme Valcke have also been banned for 90 days.

In a statement Thursday, Blatter's lawyers said their client was "disappointed that the Ethics Committee did not follow the Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Code, both of which provide for an opportunity to be heard."

"Further, the Ethics Committee based its decision on a misunderstanding of the actions of the Attorney General in Switzerland, which has opened an investigation but brought no charge against the President. In fact, the prosecutors will be obliged by law to dismiss the case if their investigation, barely two weeks old, does not establish sufficient evidence," they continued.

"President Blatter looks forward to the opportunity to present evidence that will demonstrate that he did not engage in any misconduct, criminal or otherwise,” the statement concluded.

Issa Hayatou, the longest-serving vice president on FIFA's executive committee, will serve as the acting president during Blatter's ban.

Blatter has been the head of FIFA since 1998, though numerous accusations of corruption and scandals have befallen the organization since then.

Earlier this summer, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch opened up an investigation into bribery and corruption within FIFA.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) -- Jessica Mendoza, whose history-making broadcast debut as Major League Baseball's first female analyst prompted a sexist backlash, is taking the situation in stride.

"Any time there is a change, there’s normally a lot of resistance. I think the [thing I was most] excited about was the aftermath and how much support there really was," she said Thursday on ABC's Good Morning America.

“Yes, I am a female, but I want it to get to the point where, let’s think about what I am saying, what I am doing, and not so much the sex that I am. I want to get to a point when we hear a female voice on NBA, NFL, or just anything in men’s sports, and it is like, ‘Sweet. She’s doing a good job.’”

Support poured in from both men and women for the analyst after Atlanta sports radio host Mike Bell called out Mendoza, an analyst and 34-year-old Olympic softball gold medalist, on Twitter, using a derogatory insult from the movie Anchorman.

“Really? A women's softball slugger as guest analyst on MLB Wildcard Game? Once again ESPN too frigging cute for their own good,” he wrote.

“You guys are telling me there isn't a more qualified Baseball player ESPN can use than a softball player? Gimme a break!” he wrote in another tweet.

Mendoza said she saw Bells’ incendiary tweet and decided not to read it.

“Just before I was going to click on it, I thought, ‘You know -- Why?’ Why even give it the attention? I didn’t even want to open it, so I have actually yet to read it,” she explained.

Due to the comments, Bell was suspended from his daily radio show for two weeks. He apologized for his tweeted statements Wednesday.

Mendoza became the first female analyst to call a nationally televised Major League Baseball playoff game this past Tuesday -- the American League Wild Card matchup between the Houston Astros and New York Yankees. Mendoza began appearing on Major League Baseball broadcasts after fellow sportscaster and former MLB pitcher Curt Schilling was suspended for an anti-Muslim tweet.

Mendoza said she accepts Bell's apology and wants to move forward.

“I accept his apology,” she said. “To me, it really was about the fact that he came after me because I was a woman.” “I feel very confident…. I’m looking forward to the future,” she continued.

Mendoza works for ESPN, which shares the same parent company, the Walt Disney Company, as ABC News.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Joe Faraoni / ESPN Images(NEW YORK) -- Justin Bieber might want to watch his back.

MMA fighter Ronda Rousey has a bone to pick with the singer, and you don’t want to be on this woman’s bad side. The UFC's undefeated bantamweight champion tells Cosmopolitan she’s no longer a Belieber because Bieber was rude to her little sister.

Rousey says she and her 16-year-old sister, Julia, were at the Cannes Film Festival this year when they spotted Bieber taking some photos.

“My little sister is really hard to impress and we really didn’t care about anybody that was at the Cannes Film Festival, but I wanted to spend some time with her,” she recounts. “Justin Bieber was over there taking pictures with some ladies and she suddenly got really excited. She was like, ‘Do you think he would wanna take a picture with me?’”

Ronda says she assured her sister that Bieber would be willing. But when she approached the pop star and asked if he would take a photo with Julia, instead of nicely obliging, Bieber allegedly told her, “I’ve already taken a billion pictures today, OK? A billion.”

Before she could plead with him any further, he walked away and left her sister on the verge of tears.

“Yeah, I don’t think I’d wanna hang out with him,” Ronda says. “I’m not a Belieber. I was, but not anymore.”

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Subscribe To This Feed

Rob Carr/Getty Images(PITTSBURGH) — Pittsburgh Pirates first baseman Sean Rodriguez turned the National League Wild Card game into the Wild West Wednesday night — landing more hits than his entire team in a bizarre dugout brawl with a Gatorade cooler.

The incident, captured on video, happened during the 7th inning of the game with the Cubs, when Chicago's pitcher was beaned at the plate. The Pirates were down 4-0 at that point.

Both benches cleared, but when the incensed Rodriguez returned to the dugout, he unleashed a grand slam on the cooler.

The cooler eventually fell down onto the ground.

In the wake of the incident, a "Pirates Water Cooler" parody Twitter account emerged.

What have I done wrong? ????

— Pirates Water Cooler (@piratescooler) October 8, 2015

Guess Rodriguez is a Powerade guy...

— Pirates Water Cooler (@piratescooler) October 8, 2015

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


On Facebook


Mobile Apps

On Twitter
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services